Evergreen content offers real benefits to your content marketing strategy, outperforming many content topics and other strategies.
You see, the success of your content strategy rests in the ability to publish quality-rich content that lasts. Evergreen content stands the test of time as it will always be relevant to your industry and audience.
The good news is, this type of content tends to perform extremely well on social media for driving follower engagement, increasing brand exposure and improving lead conversions.
Before outlining the benefits and how you can implement evergreen content in your social media marketing, here’s a quick overview of what evergreen content is and why it’s important to your business.
- What is Evergreen Content?
- 5 Benefits of Creating Evergreen Content for Social Media
- How to Use Evergreen Content on Social Media Sites
- Sharing Evergreen Content with Postradamus
What is Evergreen Content?
According to Search Engine Journal,
“…evergreen content represents the posts and articles on your blog that will always be relevant to your audience, compared to topics that may change over time.”
In other words, evergreen content will always be considered fresh and current to your audience, regardless of its publishing date and when they view it.
In an era where certain topics and strategies are constantly changing, evergreen content is that one constant you can depend on that can be leveraged time and time again.
Therefore, evergreen content is incredibly important to your content marketing and should be a key focus for sustained, long-term growth for your business.
5 Benefits of Creating Evergreen Content for Social Media
#1 – Enriches Your Social Content Strategy
At the heart of inbound marketing lies sharing content that your audience finds useful and educational.
Evergreen content such as how-to videos, motivational and quote images, and checklists, adds value and variety to your followers’ newsfeeds.
You’ll always have high-quality content readily available to position you as a reliable source in the industry. Your social media will stay fresh and engaging through evergreen content.
#2 – Improves SEO
Research reveals the average Google first page result contains 1,890 words (Source: Backlinko). Search engines favor evergreen content because it’s value-rich and provides readers with answers to their most pressing questions.
How does SEO relate to posting on social media?
Many marketers believe that links to your website via social media accounts actually do have an impact on your rankings. It helps the search engines understand what websites are credible and what keyword phrases they should be ranked for.
Additionally, Bing actually considers social authority in search rankings.
“We do look at the social authority of a user. We look at how many people you follow, how many follow you, and this can add a little weight to a listing in regular search results.”
This, along with other benefits like traffic generation from social, are big reasons to share evergreen content on social media.
#3 – Repurpose for Maximum Exposure
Content repurposing is a top content marketing strategy that helps increase brand exposure and reach.
A huge benefit of evergreen content is the ability to convert your long-form content into different formats to appeal to various marketing platforms.
You can launch a marketing campaign by repurposing your evergreen post into an infographic, images, YouTube videos, live-stream videos like Facebook Live, webinars, audios, eBooks… all which can be shared on social media for your new and current followers.
#4 – Bolsters Your Lead Generation
Evergreen content that is optimized for lead generation has a powerful capacity to continually generate leads over time.
Hubspot shares that a whopping 90% of their blog leads derive from old posts.
As you promote these pieces that drive targeted traffic to your website from social, you’ll grow your email list. The more qualified leads you have coming into your sales funnel, the more opportunities you have to create new customers.
Evergreen content is a valuable asset that helps improve your bottom-line.
#5 – Cements Your Credibility and Authority
Evergreen content is timeless, therefore, you’ll always be viewed as an expert and authority in your industry.
Content like customer testimonials, listicles, beginners’ guides, and product reviews reveal that you’re heavily involved and take great interest in what you do.
You’ll find consumers reaching out to you from product videos you created years ago because it still pertains to today. It solidifies your credibility and builds trust with people just getting to know your brand.
How to Use Evergreen Content on Social Media Sites
To summarize, content that is timeless and will be a valuable resource for years to come, is evergreen content.
Here are a few tips on creating and sharing such content on your social media sites:
- Convert your evergreen blog post into an infographic – Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3 times more than any other content type. Easily design your own using Stencil, Canva or Infogram
- Product videos – Create videos for each of your products, highlighting the benefits and features
- Motivational quote images – Inspirational content is huge on social media and certainly creates engagement. Add quote images by using the same image template for all of your quotes. You can easily do this on Canva where you type in the quote and the crediting author
- How-to videos – These are highly valuable in helping users achieve a specific result or goal. Create short, instructional videos that either demonstrate your products or provide a solution to a common problem in your industry. Reduce your video to the most basic steps of the process, then speed up your video in production (editing) so it only lasts about 30 seconds
- Offer expertise – Share posts that give tips and advice in your subject area. Complement your text with an image to boost engagement
- Share content live – Live-streaming videos are favorable tools for authentically engaging with your followers. Go live and hone in on evergreen topics that viewers relate to. Be interactive by encouraging followers to ask questions and give feedback
Sharing Evergreen Content with Postradamus
Timeless content can, and should be, promoted over and over again.
With Postradamus, you can create evergreen content which will repeatedly be put in front of your audience. You only need to set up your settings once, and Postradamus will do the rest for you, forever.
Evergreen content is valuable because it continues to work for you long after you publish it.
It’s highly useful in social media because it attracts your target audience, fosters engagement, improves SEO ranking, and positions you as an expert in the industry.
Be sure to make sharing evergreen pieces an active part of your social media marketing. Your existing and future fans will appreciate the value. It’s a win-win!